My Blog List

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Go from Drab, to Fab...Viva la Vintage


What I believe is one of the worst dressed cities in the world actually has the coolest boutiques and vintage stores. So what's the deal DC? Could it be that the district is so transient, but wait, that should make the fashion here better shouldn't it? Almost everyone in the District is from somewhere else, but are we recruiting the worse dressed from every city? Certainly I'm excluding myself. LOL. If any DC native is offended tough cookies ! Because even local store owners agree the city's wardrobe needs a major makeover. Why travel to New York to shop when store owners like Cathy from Meeps have everything you need.
What can be more inspiring then owning great pieces of vintage clothing for less then $36.00 a piece? While exploring DC, I ventured to Adams Morgan and stumbled upon Meeps. Meeps is a cool, artsy vintage boutique with awesome vintage and couture accessories and statement pieces! I left the store with 4 pieces, and spent less than $100.00. Whats even greater than the fashion and prices are the sizes. Ladies if you are curvy like I am, you may want to stop by!!! For dapper vintage pieces from local designers don't forget that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, keep it local, keep it fabulous, get your vintage clothes from Meeps and revamp and REVIVE the fashion of Washington D.C.







                                 2104 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20009
                                                           (202) 265-6546









3 comments:

  1. I agree, people in DC dress like shit, especially the women! I hope this helps, I'm from New York, I hope you can save the city, i'll check out Meeps! Love the blog, keep it up!
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this. I plan on going to Maryland and DC in the Fall; can't wait to shop, shop, shop, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please take pictures in what you bought, I would love to see it!!!! btw I love your blog

    ReplyDelete